Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ice Cream Shoppe 3rd Birthday

 
It's official, I have a three year old! We celebrated last weekend with friends and family and had a great time. My favorite part of the whole day was seeing how excited Amelia was to blow out her candles. She stood on her chair in front of everyone (her favorite place to be) and sang "Happy birthday to me!" and blew out her candles. I had to relight them so everyone else could sing to her, silly girl!
 
It's hard to say who had a better time with the sundae station because the adults were just as excited about it as the kids were! Amelia has told everyone who has asked her about her party about the toppings she chose, nothing else. I think that is a good sign that it was a success.
 
 

Here are a few pictures from our celebration!
































 
I loved the way the party turned out and since party planning is only my favorite thing ever, it's exciting when I feel like I've pulled it off. There are a lot of little projects I did to give it a cohesive theme, however, I was particularly pleased with the tower of a cake and the last minute decision to cover a full length mirror with black cardstock to me our chalkboard for the sundae table. Inexpensive projects like that, reusing bottles for drinks, borrowing a picture frame for decor, and getting lucky at a thrift store and finding the sundae dishes made the party easy on the pocket book! (Someday I'll have a house big enough to host in and I won't have to rent a room anymore. That will be even nicer on the pocket book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment