Saturday, December 6, 2014

Family Traditions: Christmas Cookies

Few things say Christmas like cookies. Whether your style is gooey cookies, filled with chocolate morsels or a crisp,  frosted sugar cookie there is sure to be a cookie to please your palate. Almost more importantly, you need one to please the Big Guy's palate,  it would be drearisome to have your house passed over on Christmas due to lack of cookies!

Cookies are an easy option for a potluck, a friendly gift for a neighbor or a great treat to enjoy around the table with your family. The best part is you can enjoy them fresh from the oven or tuck them into the freezer and pull them out as needed and they will taste as fresh as the day you baked them. (Off the record: they thaw very quickly and leave little trace evidence when you sneak one out for a late night snack!)

The only thing that could make a cookie better is to spend an entire day baking them with some of your favorite people! That is exactly what we did at Kathy's Christmas Cookies 2014. That's a fancy title for baking cookies with my lovely aunt and sisters for our third year. It is quickly becoming a tradition I cherish. It is hard to find an opportunity for all of my sisters and myself to get together as we get older and have our own families and careers to juggle. I'm very grateful for my aunt, who has quite the knack in the kitchen, for facilitating and sharing her recipes and knowledge with us. We may have only participated in this tradition for a few years, however cookie baking with her goes back to when we were much younger. She was actually the one who baked the reindeer cookies with us which have become the Christmas eve tradition I have carried on with my children. I feel lucky to have such a great family and I am excited to see my children making memories much like my own!





















No comments:

Post a Comment