Thursday, December 4, 2014

That's Not Funny

As we sat at the table after dinner I announced that I was going to venture out to the store for a few necessities. This isn't a habit I have, usually shopping is done during the day and with my helpers. My statement was met with tears and protests from both girls.  Luckily Daddy came to the rescue... kind of.
He announced with great excitement, "Alright! Mama's leaving, we get to do whatever we want!" Amelia, used to his shenanigans played right into it and clapped and cheered with delight. Marinn hasn't quite learned that sometimes Daddy is being more sarcastic than literal. "We can do anything you want!" he continued. Marinn settled a bit and looked at him questioningly then looked at me.
"Poop!" she said.
"You need to poop?" he asked.
"No." She turned a sideways glance to me and said, "Poop! Toot!"
Amelia started laughing and Andy looked puzzled ask asked again, "You want to go poop?"
"No!" she couldn't hold back the giggles at this point.
I stood up and excused myself from the table, letting Daddy know as I parted that she was saying 'poop' and 'toot' because I don't find it appropriate to say such things. The entire room erupted in laughter as I walked out the door.
I will never understand the humor some find from bodily functions. I think my children may have inherited this 'humor' from their grandma. Maybe that is why I don't find it funny, maybe I was traumatized in my childhood. Regardless of the why's, these will continue to be inappropriate words in our house... as long as I'm home anyway!
I must admit, it is a little reassuring that when given the opportunity to do "anything you want" my kid chose to say (only slightly) inappropriate words!

No comments:

Post a Comment