Saturday, March 2, 2013

If Only I Could Live in a Dream

I have stacks of beautiful fabrics to make clothes, quilts, and anything pretty with.
I have soft yarn in bright fun colors for scarves, leg warmers, and lovey friends.
I have books filled with great stories of adventure, tragedy, and delightful recipes.
I have bulbs and seeds enough to fill a yard with life.
I have a husband and two children and a house to tend to.

If only I could live in my daydreams, I would be living on my farm, feeding my family delicious recipes from those books with the foods I had grown, surrounded by all the beautiful handmade things I had created for our home. I would be sitting on the porch seeing getting lost in a good book while the girls ran and played in the yard. If only I could live in a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment