Thursday, March 15, 2012

To blog or not to blog


As part of my New Years resolution this year I vowed to journal as a way to remember the daily occurrences that make up my crazy life I love so much, books I've read, and projects I somehow manage to complete. Thus far I have yet to jot a single note into the pretty journal with the perfectly lined pages.

As I picked out my pretty journal (and perfect pen to write in it with) I toyed with the idea of writing a blog but decided against it. It seems everyone is writing their own blogs these days and I have a love-hate relationship with them. I love to get sucked into the quirky blurbs and inspiring projects and I could spend hours browsing pictures. The hate is in the form of envy, really, of the people who have the time/energy to write such things and their ability to capture that seemingly perfect picture.

After having my second child in December I feel as though the past few months have been a whirlwind. Most days are consumed by endless amounts of laundry (filled with tiny little socks you have to make a second trip to the dryer to find the last match to), diaper changes, feedings (when I find the time, maybe even for myself!), ABC’s and “terrible twos” tantrums over any and everything. 

I find myself sitting on the couch at the end of the day, exhausted and thinking about all the things I wish I would have gotten to and making mental notes of funny stories or happenings of the day. It’s all these little things that make up my life, who I am; good, bad and the ugly.  These little things are what I don’t want to loose in the shuffle of the day so I guess the decision is - to blog.

Here I will share with you my adventures with my husband and two beautiful girls, as well as my ventures in homemaking and being crafty. This is my way of taking a moment to appreciate the things in my life and hold on to them a while.  I hope you enjoy taking a little peek into my world.  

1 comment:

  1. I Love it! I have a love/hate relationship with blogs too. But it really is the best way to capture all the things in your life. And I really enjoy reading them )

    ReplyDelete