Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cowboy Campfire Baby Shower

I had the privilege of hosting a shower for a friend today and I thought I would share a few pictures from it.

Once we knew she was having a boy I was certain of what I wanted to do for a shower theme. The baby's father's nickname is Cowboy Junior (Grandpa is "Cowboy") so Cowboy Junior-Junior needed a Cowboy campfire shower in his honor.

Homemade chicken noodle soup served out of tin cans, made from scratch biscuits, and a s'mores bar seemed appropriate for the occasion. (Is it weird that the tin cans were inspired by the scene in Dennis the Menace where the guy eats all the beans??) It was unseasonably warm, but comfort food was good none the less.

I used lots of bandannas incorporated into the decor courtesy of the farm/cowboy party from earlier this year and I think it turned out pretty darn cute!


 
 


 
 
 
 
 







We sent every one off with some delicious cookies I baked with my aunt during what I hope is an annual tradition of cookie baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment