Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday Week 2013

Today officially ended birthday week 2013.



As I'm getting older I figure the only way to make tacking on another year acceptable is to have a week long celebration. I don't celebrate half birthdays (ahem...Tracey) and I won't continue to turn 29 from every birthday from now until I'm 40, unlike my mother (seriously, do you know how hard it got to remember how old she was really turning?!) I will however use my birthday week as an excuse to spend time with my family and friends, eat good food, and do fun things!

I knew it would be sad to see it end, no longer can I use the excuse "It's still your turn to change the diaper because it's my birthday week." (My husband plays along so nicely with my silly antics.)

A successful birthday week it was, though! I'm pretty sure I packed on a few pounds due to excessive eating. (I think I may have eaten something chocolate every day along the way.)  I got to celebrate with some of my favorite people and I happened to rake in some pretty sweet gifts too.

I found these amazing books at a local antique mall. (Happy birthday to me!)



And I plan on making this amazing swim suit with the pattern, circa 1947.



My husband got me this box I was swooning over at Hobby Lobby to put all my buttons in.



My mother-in-law surprised me with this mirror that I saw and fell in love with (also from the antique mall.) I want to paint it but I'm not sure what color. I need my farm house already so I can pick out a color pallet!



And today I got to rummage through my aunt's old things and bring home these treasures that used to belong to my grandmother.

A quilt she had made.



Vintage Vera Neumann napkins.



And this Cranberry Delaware Early American Patterned Glass berry serving set. I kind of love it!


I think I may have gotten spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment