Thursday, January 24, 2013

One is the Magic Number

Some may say that one is the loneliest number, I am convinced it is a magic number. It seems so anyway. Marinn has always been a lot little needier than her big sister ever was. It made for quite a first year with her in our lives. However, since turning one Marinn has become a much more independent child.

It's magical.

I feel as though she was visited by a fairy godmother who waved her wand and dusted some magical thing over her.

I can wear pants without a belt because there are no little hands tearing them off because I am no longer dragging her behind me as I do each task. There are no snot marks on my knees, as I am no longer the human Kleenex. There are no late night screams beckoning me into the the girls' room late at night. There are no sad faces smashed against the glass of the front door if I take the trash to the curb.

It only took a year, but I have gotten a full nights sleep for weeks straight!

It's so exciting, I don't really know what to do with myself.

I have had time to clean my house, play with the girls, fold laundry (not just pile in back into a laundry basket) AND do something leisurely like read or sew. I even took a bath the other night and it wasn't just to hide from screaming children refusing to go to bed.

Clearly this is going to be a good year. Much needed after the "fun" of last year. I feel so accomplished when I realize we all survived, no worse for the wear.

 
Look! They're playing together with no adults having to be in there with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment