Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Watching My Kids Watch Movies

We surprised the girls with a trip the the movie theatre (or movie gator, as Amelia would say) tonight to watch Planes. It isn't often we take them, they're still a little young to expect them to sit quietly and behave for an entire show. Days like today are the best though, it's pretty much guaranteed you will have the theatre to yourselves at 5 p.m. on a Tuesday when you're watching a movie that has been in theatres for a while.

Settled in to the perfect seats we were ready for one of my favorite things:

watching my girls watch a movie

The music heightens, action begins and tiny girls are moved to their feet. There are shrieks of excitement, generous 'ohs' in defeats, chair gripping in the serious parts, and of course, great cheers as the protagonist claims victory over the 'mean guy.' There may have even been some dancing and high-fiving thrown into the mix. 

 
I know how fleeting these moments of genuine, unfiltered reactions are so I plan to savor as many moments like these as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment