Monday, November 4, 2013

Birthday Adventures With Pippi & Amelia

"Life is a breeze
We live it for fun
 
No apologies
To anyone
 
We live on the seas
We do as we please"
 
 
 

After breaking a little girls heart suggesting we forgo a party this year, this mama got to throw together a Pippi Longstocking party to appease a soon to be four year old. I must say, I'm sure glad I did because that girl had a lot of fun!
 
Although this party was not as elaborate as years past it was nice to be able to host at our house and have little prep work. Aside from the lack of cake ("cupcakes are not the same as a cake") Amelia was pretty pleased with the party and had a lot of fun celebrating with her friends.
 
Not many of her guests were privy to the greatness of this 80's gem, but she was happy to show them. Equipped with Pippi braids, eye patches and a full 'concession stand' the movie became the background noise to a party. (Really, I don't know what I was thinking when I thought they would actually watch the movie!)
 

Of course there are no pre-made Pippi invitations (not that pre-made is my style anyway) so I drew these up after Amelia informed me we could not just call people or they may forget. She's always very excited to deliver them to her friends which makes me happy. (Does anyone else prefer hand-delivering invitations or am I just crazy/cheap frugal?)
 
Our house was transformed into the Villa Villakulla and of course needed a sign like Pippi had.
 
Poster board and paint helped transform the living room into a movie theatre for the main feature.
 
Our wagon made a great concession stand to hold all the goodness (although as close as it was to Halloween I think that we will be swimming in candy for far too long.)
 
 
Amelia repeatedly told me she would have rather had a cake but cupcakes made for an easy baking and serving experience. After reminding her of the pirates Pippi talked about from her adventures on the Hoptoad she was easily persuaded.
 

 
Everyone left with their very own pirates gold and other things Pippi approved.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us! We hope you had as much fun as we did!
 


 

 
No way I'm putting on Pippi braids
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shared at
 

No comments:

Post a Comment