Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ice Cream Shoppe Birthday Invitation

Party planning/prepping for Amelia's third birthday is well underway in our house and this week Amelia got to deliver the invitations. (I really like hand delivering the invitaions, Amelia gets to participate and I don't have to spend a fortune on postage!) Needless to say, she is very excited and we will probably be talking about her party every day now until it comes!

The theme for her party is ice cream shoppe so we made up these inviations to ask her friends and family to join us to celebrate.






To make these I used blank cardstock cards (5"x7") with coordinating envelopes from Hobby Lobby and some scrapbook paper (8.5"x11). These items frequently go on sale for half price, making this project realtively inexpensive.

Using Word, I printed the front of the card reading: Amelia's Ice Cream Shoppe 2.5" from the top, to ensure it would show under the awning.
Next I cut a piece of the pink stripped scrapbook paper down to a 3"x5" rectangle, stripes running vertically.
Folding in 1/2" at the top and 1/2" at the bottom I created an awning.
Next I cut one edge to make it scalloped using a pair of scissors (they have fancy scissors that can do this for you if you don't wan to free hand.)
Using a glue stick, glue the non-scalloped fold to the top of the card, folded edge to the top. This will make the awning stick out.
To make the ice cream cone I used solid colored cardstock, cut to a triangle, and a brown marker to make the cross hatches.
I topped it with three scoops of ice cream (also using solid color cardstock) to represent Amelia turning three and used left over scrapbook paper to add a couple stripes across the bottom of the card.
For the interior I typed the party information into Word and printed them onto the stripped paper, four per page. Then all I had to do was cut them down and glue them into the card.

I'm trying something new with this invitation; using 'regregts only' rather than 'RSVP'. Perhaps this will allow people to feel more comfortable with declining the invitation and I will be able to get an accurate guest count? I guess we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment