Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Heart Antiquing

I can remember being in middle school and going antiquing with a friends mom and thinking it was the most terrible and boring thing ever. Store after store with old furinture and funny smells and absolutly no touching. The only up side was bailing out on the shopping to find ice cream. I don't know if it's coincidental or not, but where there are antiques, there is usually ice cream or some other form of sweets.

I'm still a fiend for anything sweet, but these days I'm just as pleased to do a little antiquing. Furniture isn't my thing so much as little trinkets and housewares and I'm pretty sure I could waste a few days browsing booth after booth in antique malls.

I stopped in a store in town in search of an old tin for a sappy anniversary gift for the husband and I accidently spent way too much money and bought way more than a tin. (Not to mention the fact I found the most amazing Christmas present for the girls that I'm pretty sure I'll be returning to get soon!)

I didn't have time to look around at everything they had in the three story floor but I think I pulled a pretty good haul for a "quick trip" in! I found an amazing bread box, which I happened to be in the market for, an egg beater, some old sewing needles, a Cream of Wheat print, an old Folgers tin (the one thing I intended to buy!), a cracker tin, and a gift to put up fpr Christmas for the husband.

Take a look...







Not too bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment