Monday, September 24, 2012

Farewell Mac...

Blogging with no computer is hard!

Our MacBook was my first computer purchase and I must admit, it was love.

Was- as in past tense.

After taking much abuse from Andy and I, about a year ago it started being subjected to Amelia's wrath. What can I say? When a two year old loves to sing and dance along to YouTube videos, it's hard to say "no."

When Marinn came along, Amelia went through a period of acting out. As a result our poor MacBook was stripped of most of its keys, dropped, and then bathed in water and baby oil (aka wipe solution for cloth diapering)

Like a true friend, it held out as long as it could, but last week it finally succumbed to the baby oil and went quietly in its sleep.

As a stay at home mom the computer is my lifeline, my connection to the outside world, my only way to watch episodes of shows the kids cried through the night before. What would I do without my google access to determine just how bad it is when my child eats weird things? My place to escape my world and get caught up in someone else's as I read their blogs? My place to tell about what's going on in my world so I can (hopefully) laugh rather than cry when things happen (like my iPhone taking a dip in a very large soda.)?

As you can see, this was a very pressing matter. (Not to mention the fact Andy needed it for work.)

As much as I would like to splurge and get another Mac, our lifestyle now doesn't allow for such things. Instead we decided to go the route of a PC desktop.

This decision came with some challenges, namely accessing the information from the Mac and transferring it to the PC. According to the liar man from Best Buy all we had to do was purchase a handy little thing to make the hard drive an external hard drive and hook it to the new computer and copy everything over. Not the case. (We still haven't figured out how to do it, so if you're computer savvy please share!)

I'm excited to have a computer again but I'll be even more excited when my husband isn't sitting at it trying to figure things out and I can break it in a little with some blogging.

Typing and reading on a tiny little phone screen is next to impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment