Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Snow Bunny 2nd Birthday

Having a December baby has its challenges. We have yet to decide the best time to celebrate a birthday that falls on the 19th. It usually coincides with one or more peoples Christmas celebrations and the weather can never be predicted. This time we decided to just roll with it and have her birthday as a casual dinner with family on her actual birthday. I embraced the cold weather and the Christmas decor and put together a snow bunny party. A few headbands (left over from the Pippi Party), plaid fabric, glittery snowflakes and icicles and we were ready to party.

I was a little ambitious when it came to the invitations.  I hand painted little bunnies on 10 cards which didn't sound like a lot until I started....and was interrupted every two minutes by a toddler. I also put together bunny ears and scarves for our party guests to wear and take home as favors and my nephew was even a good sport and let me take his picture wearing them (apparently it's not cool to dress like a bunny when you're 8). I love how they came out and I really like the idea of practical favors. After disappointing Amelia with cupcakes rather than a cake for her birthday she was adamant Marinn needed a cake. We loaded one up with a billion tiny, sparkly sprinkles and they were in little girl heaven.

We had a great night celebrating with our family and I think Marinn is the best gift-getter I've ever seen. She was so excited and thankful as she opened each gift! Happy birthday my little snow bunny!


















No comments:

Post a Comment