Monday, April 9, 2012

activity jar: rice krispie treats

Today was the first day we put our activity jar to use and I think it was a great success! I have had it ready to go for a couple of weeks, but with house guest it seemed impractical to do it sooner. Seeing Amelia's face when I pulled it out of hiding was great! She remembered talking about it while we were working on it and couldn't wait to pick a paper.

After being out of routine for a week and a half and missing out on a lot of sleep we had a rough couple of days. Trying to get a two year old to readjust to our normal routine is a lot of work! I thought that today would be a good day for some mommy and Amelia time so I put Marinn down for a nap and let Amelia draw from the jar.

She picked 'make rice krispie treats' so we pulled out our ingredients and got to work. I love that she's big enough to help make things now and she's very insistent that she do things by herself. When we were done she told me what a good job I did and squeezed her little arms around my neck. I think we both needed a little break and some time together!

Here are some pictures of our afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment