Wednesday, April 4, 2012

morels

While returning home from a trip to the park my brother-in-law came across a treasure in our yard: morel mushrooms! Before meeting my husband I had no clue what these were and would never have thought to eat anything growing in my yard (unless I intentionally planted it.)  It was early in our relationship he introduced me to morel hunting and we would walk an empty lot near his grandparents house in search of these. I never had any luck finding any and was never brave enough to try them when his grandma would fry them up so when we came across some in our yard I figured now was as good a time as any!

Although I still didn't find any myself ( I just don't have the eye for it apparently!) I did cook some up. We soaked them in salt water to get rid of any bugs and then cut them in half, battered them, and fried them. I'm not sold on the idea that this is the best way to eat them but I did try them and Andy and Amelia loved them! I think I'd rather try this or this with the next ones we find!





this is the only pose Amelia would do, she gets it from her daddy!


oh, husband, why do you always make these faces?

No comments:

Post a Comment