Monday, April 30, 2012

Activity Jar: Moon Dough

The rain has left our yard too soggy to play in leaving me with a restless two year old. After a two hour attempt at getting her no nap with no luck I was on the verge of pulling my hair out. So... activity jar to the rescue!

The activity: make moon dough


I found this idea through pintrest and there are lots of posts about it like this one. With the rave reviews it got I thought it was worth trying out. I happened to accidently purchase a bag of self rising flour a little while back that I stashed away for this project. It's a simple recipe: 8 cups flour and 1 cup baby oil mixed together by hand. It makes a soft moldable dough of sorts that you play with much like wet sand. It provided a couple hours of entertainment for Amelia (It would have lasted longer but she didn't heed my warnings to stop eating it or I would take it away. Really? You want to eat flour and baby oil?? Only my kid...)

So I may have rigged the drawing today, but I needed to get some cooking done. As much as I love help in the kitchen, I don't always like it in the form of a napless monster. She didn't seem to mind too much that I had already picked out the card, probably because of the excitement of what sat in front of her.  I let her go at it and make as much of a mess as she wanted. The floor needed mopped anyway so we might as well get it good and dirty first!

Here are some pictures from our afternoon. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment