Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sautéed Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce


To get out of the meal rut we always seem stuck in I've started making my grocery list around at least two new dishes each week. Since having the girls, quick runs to pick up missing ingredients are no longer an option which has forced me to be a little more purposed in my meal planning. It's also helped me stay on budget with groceries since I'm not tempted by the ice cream isle during those impulsive trips to get one thing!


I've had the Martha Stewart "Great Food Fast" cookbook hanging around for a while and had only tried a couple recipes so that's where I got the recipes for this week. I'm usually by myself with the girls at dinner time which can make getting anything prepared tricky so the quick recipes in her book are working well for us.


Sautéed Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Coarse salt
pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried tarragon

Directions:
Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; sauté until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm.

Pour broth into hot skillet; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about two minutes.

Pour any accumulated chicken juices into sauce. Right before serving, drizzle the cream sauce over the sautéed chicken.

I served this with roasted asparagus and potatoes, which was promptly scarfed down by the family! Enjoy!




Picture courtesy of Martha :)




No comments:

Post a Comment