Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rainy Sunday

This afternoon I found myself all alone in my house. This practically never happens since I'm a stay at home mom to two little ones but when it does, I love it! It's no accident when this happens, I have to plan around feedings, naps and everything else that consumes our days. I'm lucky to have a MIL who will take my babies (even on a whim) to make it possible, which is what happened today. 

Usually when I have a little time I intend to work on one of my many projects but end up folding the load of laundry wrinkling in the basket or tackling the mountain of dishes growing in the sink but today I ignored those things because I was itching to start a new project! (maybe I was all sugared up from the cupcakes at my nephews birthday party)

I turned on a cd and got out the new fabric I bought over the weekend. I love when I find something that inspires a project, which is exactly what this fabric has done. I spent a couple hours cutting fabric and belting out songs (I'm sure my new neighbors think I'm crazy because I get particularly loud when I sing about selling my last hard Bible to pay my bills.)  Sometimes I'm amazed at how much I can get done without a two year old under my feet or stopping repeatedly to console a crying baby. I can hardly remember what life was like before babies, but I bet it was grand! 

Right before I was invaded by my husband and babies I watched a thunderstorm rolling in while listening to Gavin DeGraw Stripped Cd. (I forget how much I like that album and this song) Perfect soundtrack for a rainy Sunday night. 

I truly do love all time time I spend with my girls and my husband, but there's something very refreshing about falling away into my own little world and being creative. It makes me long for a space of my very own like this or this where I can sneak away to. I guess for now my kitchen table will have to suffice! 

Here is my pretty new fabric, are you in love with it as much as I am?!



No comments:

Post a Comment