Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Italian Dressing

Before I was married or had children I worked as a server at a local Italian restaurant. It was there that I was introduced to this version of Italian dressing; a red wine version with a sweetness to it. A craving for it served warm over a spinach salad lead to an attempt to recreate the recipe at home. Although I'll admit it has been a while since I've had the original version, I think I may have come pretty close with this tasty recipe!


Ingredients: (makes one quart)

2 cups corn syrup
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup burgundy wine
2 tbs Italian seasoning
2 tbs dried onions
2 tsp seasoned salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well using a whisk. Once combined pour into a 1-quart jar with tight fitting lid. Store in fridge for at least one hour to let ingredients combine and dried seasonings soften. Shake well before serving.



Shared at


No comments:

Post a Comment