Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Putting the Garden to Bed

We spent a bit of the day yesterday and today putting our garden to bed for the winter. It was so nice to stand out in the sunshine and breathe in some fresh air before the weather turns colder. I had the chickens and the girls to keep me company as I got started turning it under yesterday and I had my handsome husband to help with the shoveling of our lovely compost and carrying of the hay bales today. I walked my garden behind my tiller (that I love more than one should probably love a piece of machinery) and I sang loudly along to my Pandora 90's Country station (with head phones on..I'm that girl. I don't mean to be, but I am. I'm sorry to anyone who has to hear me!) I walked and walked and found myself thinking of each thing that we grew as I went section by section. I was so pleased with how our first year garden grew and I went from reminiscing to planning for next year. I began to think of all the things I would grow, how they would look, taste and who I would share them with. One of my favorite parts of gardening with year was to have something I grew using my own hands to share with someone who would enjoy it. I think that sometimes when you find something you truly enjoy doing you want to show everyone how great it can be and convert them! Until next year garden...





No comments:

Post a Comment