Monday, April 28, 2014

Welcome to Lynch Homestead

In the excitement of planning our coop and garden this winter I decided our home needed a name. Although my dad was partial to 'Green Acres' and others to 'Lynch Farm' we thought 'Lynch Homestead' suited it better, as it was not an overstatement of what it really is. Of course the only real reason to settle on a name was so I could make a sign to display proudly on the outbuildings we are turning into the coop.

After browsing pictures of farm logos online I knew what I wanted to make and I got started. A few pieces of wood salvaged from a make shift work bench the previous owners left at the home, a wood burning kit from a craft store, and three days (and countless hours) crawling around on my kitchen floor and I had a sign to proudly display. 


Welcome to Lynch Homestead!

I had wanted to play with a wood burner for some time and a sign seemed the perfect opportunity. I liked the results but I must say, it was an ambitious project for my first! I don't know what was more nerve-wracking; free handing a design on uneven boards, or the tediousness of slowly moving the burner along to outline and shade the 2'x 3' sign. I will say that the finished product made it worth the time I spent on it!



Here is a look at the way it progressed:
















No comments:

Post a Comment