Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let Your Imagination Run Wild

After spending entirely too long on the phone, bouncing back in froth between calling the hospital and the insurance company, I'm convinced that Marinn will be five and we will still be getting bills from when she was born.

Frustrated and seriously lacking patience I turned to quite Amelia who had come into the room for the umpteenth time and found her with a card in one hand, a pen in the other, and a phone sandwiched between her cheek and shoulder.

"Can I have your number? Ok bye. Let me get my checkbook. Hello? I have a baby Marinn. Have a good day. Let me write on my paper. Thank you."

She was busy scribbling down things on her imaginary paper, chatting away when she noticed me watching and set it down to come ask me to hold her. How could I resist that sweet little face looking at me?

She is getting so big, as is apparent with her ever-growing imagination. Within moments she is caught up in a story of her own having hilarious conversations between dolls, people on the phone, or retelling stories from visits with her cousins. I love watching as she and daddy build things with her legos and suddenly three blocks stacked together is a rocket ship on its way to the moon to get cheese and when a plate becomes her kitchen as she makes soups and noodles (her specialties)

It may be a small thing, but in the world of a two year old it's big. More evidence that my baby is getting older. I can already tell that the pages of my "Things My Kids Said" journal will be filling fast with things like:

"Christopher pushed me down in the grass. I said, 'That's not nice, Chris!' I see him and I pushed him in the grass and he cried and cried like a baby. That's silly. Yee haw cowboy." -Amelia 8/7/12, first time replaying a real event and adding her own ending

No comments:

Post a Comment