Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Best Things in Life are Free

I am giddy with excitement over this gift I received from a friend today!
"What is it?" you ask.
Why 50 pounds of deliciously ripe pears, of course!



I'll be slaving away in the kitchen for the next few days trying to get all these beauties processed and I am so excited! I had no idea that I would like preparing and canning things as much as I do. It was almost three years ago that I tried my first attempt at apple butter. The year after it was blueberry apple butter so this year why not pear butter?? (And of course pear sauce for the little ladies!)



I have two different recipes I'm going to try out and I'm hoping to find one I'm madly in love with to add to the recipe collection!

Wish me luck!

I love my little helpers...



No comments:

Post a Comment