Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Joys of Parenting: The Bathroom is No Longer Your Own

I often tell my husband how much I envy his ability to use the bathroom without guests. I, on the other hand, do not have such a luxury. I don't know when it happened exactly, but these days it seems like every time I turn on the light it draws Amelia in like a moth to a flame. Since we are in the process of potty training I don't demand she leave, but rather encourage her to sit on her potty. Even so, she usually she just stands there cheering and clapping. It's uncomfortable having a cheer section. Maybe that's why she's doing it?

It hit an all time low today when I had to sit Marinn at my feet to keep her from her usual 'you put me down, how dare you!' hysteria. I had a baby at my feet and a two year old standing in the doorway (propping the door open of course) and she was holding something in her hand. What is that? Wait, is that my phone? Are you talking to someone on my phone??!? Her little voice rang out and I knew.... "Mommy's going potty. Good job Mommy! Good job!"

And so.... I find myself daydreaming of a lovely master bathroom with a soaking tub, a huge vanity and a giant lock on the door accompanied by a 'do not disturb' sign. 




Even after the kids are in bed at night I have company. Nothing like looking over to see four sets of eyes watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment