Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Thrift Store Finds

Aside from the trip the husband and I made in preparation for the White Trash Birthday Bash, it had been at least a year since I stepped foot in a thrift store. I used to go fairly frequently and when I was stick-thin, fresh out of high school I had the most amazing luck at one particular place with finding brand new clothes with tags still on them. I don't look for clothes anymore but I do keep my eye out for the cool finds.

When we went in search of our party attire I found a glass jar that I thought I wanted to get for our pickles. It was amazing. It was big and pretty and... had the wrong lid and was over priced. I passed it up, but have been dreaming of it ever since. Especially since it's almost time to make some pickles! So today I loaded the girls up and headed out in search of the perfect jars.

Not only did I find the most amazing jars, but I also found some cool bottles to make dressing in and a set of eight sundae dishes. (Something I had been wanting for a certain girls third birthday.) I was especially pleased with my finds when I looked up the jars in search of lids and found that they're selling for around $10 each and I paid $4 for all of them! I do have the task of finding some lids before I can fill them up with tasty pickles but I have a few ideas in mind!





No comments:

Post a Comment