Monday, July 23, 2012

My Life is a Bad Country Song

After a fun-filled weekend the jump back into the day-to-day is proving to be trying. The house is in a state of disarray as we're getting ready for our garage sale Saturday and neither of our children have gotten enough sleep. The kitchen is filled with apples, pears, and cucumbers and an enormous amount of dishes and I can do nothing with any of them because we can't use our sink until it gets fixed. 

To add more into the mix I decided that getting our bed off the floor was number one priority (seriously, been doing the bachelor pad style for far too long!) so I sent Andy off to Home Depot to get supplies to fix our bed frame and get it put together. 

After starting a little rearranging and reorganizing in the midst of a two year old's melt down, Marinn woke up and needed to be fed. A kiss from Andy as he walked out the door and then a knock on the front door. The plumber came.

I had a baby nursing, one crying hysterically just out of sight, and a maze of produce to walk through to lead him to the problem. As I passed a mirror I noticed a puff clinging to my still damp, messy hair. Lovely. All I could think of was the lyrics to a terrible country song about some guy coming to fix something at a lady's house and her kids are screaming and the guy tells her she's going to miss this. In my reality the guy told me he was glad he was past that stage (his daughter is 18) which doesn't exactly equivalate to the song, but close enough! 

Mondays suck, bring on tomorrow!






You're Gonna Miss This
Trace Adkins

Five years later there's a plumberWorkin' on the water heaterDog's barkin', phone's ringin'One kid's cryin' and one kid's screamin'And she keeps apologizin'

He says, “They don't bother meI've got two babies of my ownOne's thirty-six, one's twenty-three”Huh, it's hard to believe

But you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna want this backYou're gonna wish these daysHadn't gone by so fast

These are some good timesSo take a good look aroundYou may not know it nowBut you're gonna miss this


No comments:

Post a Comment